Senior Software Engineer Job Spec
Xelda is an ambitious FinTech start-up founded by Irish sisters and Goldman Sachs alumni, India and Portia. Xelda is backed by Sequoia Capital – the original investor in incredible companies like Stripe, Airbnb and Instagram – and the founders of the Irish unicorn Flipdish. Xelda’s mission is to humanise finance for SMEs. We want to be every business’s financial companion. How will we achieve this? By automating accounts payable processes, providing ultra low cost solutions for getting paid and transforming expense management.
Xelda is based in Dublin City Centre. The office is open plan, spacious and modern. Our culture is hard-working, rewarding and creative. Every team member in Xelda has and feels complete ownership over the features they create and customers they bring in. Every Wednesday we host meetings over breakfast, once we finish up on Fridays we have office drinks and every month we organise a fun team activity and dinner.
We’re currently a team of 5 and are looking for a technical and curious senior software engineer to join us on this exciting journey.
- Think like an owner – Take pride in what you build
- Everything is possible – Be curious and challenge the status quo
- There’s no I in Xelda – Help each other solve hard problems
- Work Hard – We have ambitious goals and are excited to do whatever it takes to achieve them
- Scope and lead technical projects, laying the groundwork for our products to iteratively evolve and scale.
- Own and solve problems from end-to-end.
- Design, build, expand and maintain APIs and services
- Work with our partners to design and launch new features and capabilities
- Develop and execute against both short- and long-term roadmaps. Make effective tradeoffs that consider business priorities, user experience, and a sustainable technical foundation.
What We Are Looking For
- Minimum 5 years of experience.
- Understand good practices of building and working with APIs
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment, dealing with ambiguity and change.
- Has taken pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong quantitative and analytical background.
- An entrepreneurial mindset.
- A love of technology.
Nice to Haves
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience using frameworks such as React Js or Django
- Experience with cloud-based services, such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure.
- The opportunity to be a part of an amazing team at the beginning of a huge growth journey.
- Competitive salary and attractive stock package.
- Fun team events.
- Company-wide offsite.